Thursday 27 June 2013

Enders game by Orson Scott Card

Ender's GameEnder's Game by Orson Scott Card
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It took me so long to read this, which I dont understand. Well.. after i had begun it, I put myself on a reading ban during the lead up to my exams so that counts for something. Also i never was in the mood to read it. Which also doesn't make sense because when I was reading it, i did infact enjoy it. I guess i'm just weird or something.

My thoughts on this book:

I continually had to remind my self that Ender was a child. Not some twenty-something year old.
At the beginning I found the book quite strange. Like really, you expect a 6 year old to save the entire human race?
I very much enjoyed Enders intellect. It kinda made me ashamed of my own average intelligence. (hopefully average anyway). It took my awhile to imagine the battle rooms and how these fights were playing out, because i'm not as familiar with the essence of movement without gravity and when up isn't actually up, its like west or something.
I liked that we got to look at was happening back on earth abit with Valentine and Peter.

I kinda hated the ending (not the actual ending, the part with the last battle if you know what i mean- i don't really want to spoil anything but it's very hard to explain what i'm referring to without actually spoiling it)

Overall - Yes I enjoyed it, and I'm thinking of reading another science-fictiony book again, as I do not read them frequently.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment