Friday 28 June 2013

Overwhelmed


I'm not sure about you, but sometimes I have a lot of books on my shelves or on my kindle that I am eager to read. And sometimes, i get overwhelmed with the shear amount of books. It's like this, I'll got to the library and pick up a book or two, I'll come home only to receive a text message from the kind people at the library, informing me that a book I requested, about 3 months ago, is awaiting me back at the library. Due to the limited time allowed for you to go and pick up the book, or else they'll give it to someone else, you hurry back the next day for said book.

Three, I can handle three, but then you get a book or two on your kindle or you buy a new release and your just so eager to start all of them at once - but you can't of course. So you sit there staring at the steadily growing pile of books, knowing you've to return some of them in the course of a week or two. 

Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with the amount of books I want to read, that I simply don't read any of them at all. I sit there  saying 'No!' and take a time out. Because when i'm in that state of mind, reading becomes an obligation, no longer the care free thing i venture to for an escape. It becomes one of the reasons for my need of escape. So instead I watch tv or browse the internet - or write on my blog how this overwhelming feeling associates itself with me.

I'm not sure if this is a common thing that some readers experience. All I know is that sometimes wanting to read so much in turn, puts me in a reading slump. And I don't want to be in a reading slump, but I can eerily feel myself slipping already.


No comments:

Post a Comment